One in four lesbian and bisexual women experience domestic violence in their relationship.
Half tell no-one about their experience and only 4% report to the police.
Domestic violence in lesbian relationships is often ignored because of the expected gender roles that women play in society.
Trans women face additional challenges when reporting and/or accessing support from generic services.
Our aim is to:
- Create a safe and friendly space for women who experience domestic violence
- Ensure safety
- Reduce social isolation
- Improve coping strategies, mental health and general wellbeing
- One-to-one support by a specialist domestic violence support worker
- Peer and group support
- Befriending programme
- Access to relevant information and resources, including referrals to other support agencies
- Programme of activities and workshops to improve confidence, self-esteem and resilience
Find us at Outcome, Islington Mind's LGBTQ+ service
35 Ashley Road, London N19 3AG
Telephone 020 7272 5038 or email
Open every Tuesday, 10:30am to 4:00pm