New Employment Opportunities
Mental Health Recovery Pathway volunteers
Hours: Minimum 1 day/week 9:30am-5:00pm
Location: London Borough of Islington
Closing date: Ongoing
We are looking to offer volunteering placements with our new Mental Health Recovery Pathway (MHRP) – a mental health provision based across three sites in Islington responding to the mental health needs of Islington residents. It offers two pathways:
- The Integrated Community Support (ICS), providing day service opportunities for people with Low and Medium Preventative Care Needs
- The Structured Integrated Support (SIS) for people with Higher and more complex needs.
You will be assisting service users who experience mental distress in one to one and/or in group settings.
We ask for a commitment of at least 1 day a week 9:30 – 5:00 for a full year (+ about 2-3 months for DBS check and induction), though there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer more than one day a week.
If this sounds interesting and suitable to you, please complete the volunteer application form and return with your CV and a letter of interest, indicating
- why are you interested in volunteering for Islington Mind
- whether there is anything specific that you would like to do in your volunteering placement – e.g. facilitate activities, work one-to-one with service users, support our open access drop-in sessions, support service users with completing forms, accompany service users to appointments etc.
- your availability – e.g. one or more days a week and which days of the week you are available.
Please email all the above application material to:
Enablement Service volunteers
The Islington Mind Enablement Service offers Islington residents who experience mental health problems, the opportunity to work in a focused way through a programme of up to 16 weeks, designed with them to help develop strategies to improve their quality of life and reduce their dependence on statutory services. We also offer one-off sessions of personalised support.
We are looking for volunteers who can support people with activities for at least 3 hours per week. Activities such as:
- Escorting people to appointments/outings/activities or events
- Organisational and administrative tasks – help with budgeting; understanding/applying for welfare benefits; letter writing and form filling; arranging activities/appointments; planning the use of other services such as shopping
- Supporting people to maintain their homes – reporting/organising repairs; organising a move; signposting and referring to services and activities
- Ad-hoc support
Staff benefits include volunteers receiving 4 days of training and a fortnightly group supervision.
What you will gain from this role:
- Free accredited Mental Health First Aid training
- On the job training and supervision
- Support with professional development
- Work references provided after completion of one year’s volunteering
- Travel expenses reimbursed (within London)
How to apply: Please read the Role Description carefully and if you feel you are able to commit to the requirements of the position, we would love to hear from you. Please return the completed volunteer application form, along with a copy of your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email Ossi at email@example.com or phone 020 3301 9850