Volunteering Opportunities at Islington Mind
Mental Health Recovery Pathway volunteers
Hours: Minimum 1 day/week 9:30am-5:00pm
Location: London Borough of Islington
Closing date: Ongoing
We are looking to offer volunteering placements with our new Mental Health Recovery Pathway (MHRP) – a mental health provision based across three sites in Islington responding to the mental health needs of Islington residents. It offers two pathways:
- The Integrated Community Support (ICS), providing day service opportunities for people with Low and Medium Preventative Care Needs
- The Structured Integrated Support (SIS) for people with Higher and more complex needs.
You will be assisting service users who experience mental distress in one to one and/or in group settings.
We ask for a commitment of at least 1 day a week 9:30 – 5:00 for a full year (+ about 2-3 months for DBS check and induction), though there are plenty of opportunities to volunteer more than one day a week.
If this sounds interesting and suitable to you, please complete the volunteer application form and return with your CV and a letter of interest, indicating
- why are you interested in volunteering for Islington Mind
- whether there is anything specific that you would like to do in your volunteering placement – e.g. facilitate activities, work one-to-one with service users, support our open access drop-in sessions, support service users with completing forms, accompany service users to appointments etc.
- your availability – e.g. one or more days a week and which days of the week you are available.
Please email all the above application material to:
Author: Philip Challinor
Posted on: 9th July 2019