- Peer support groups
- Activities to improving well-being and learn new skills
- Group therapy
- One-to-one support and help with issues related to the cared for as well as other issues such as accessing welfare benefits, housing solutions, employment support, information and referrals to community resources etc.
- Companion support to key appointment (e.g. GP appointments, CAMHS appointments, SEN annual reviews, court hearings etc.)
- A communal meal, facilitated by users and/or volunteers
- Training/workshops on issues such as mental health diagnosis / medications etc.
- Outings and trips
You can refer yourself or be referred by a GP or mental health professional. If you are interested, please contact Ossi Ron on 020 3301 9850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother to Mother Therapy Group
The group meets weekly at Islington Mind’s Women-Only space at 35 Ashley Road, London N19 3AG, on Mondays, 11:00am to 12:30pm.
The group is led by a psychotherapist offering support in a small therapy group for a period of 6 months.
The group offers a safe space where mothers to children with mental health problems can explore their feelings and be empowered by each other. This space also aims at sharing experiences and practical advice to successfully navigate crises and prevent situations from escalating.
If you are interested and would like to be considered for the group, please email your contact details to email@example.com. We will pass your details on to the therapist, who will follow up to make contact with you.
If you would like to volunteer with the Mother to Mother Carers Support Project, please fill in the application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your CV and a supporting letter indicating how you would like to help.
Please note that we can only accept women volunteers for this service.